I found this recipe in "Country Cooking" a Canadian collection of favorite tested recipes. I have not made it, but it looked good, and easy to make. This recipe was submitted by Doris Bond-Montgomery, Delaware, ON.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1With the first 4 ingredients make as for pie dough, adding just enough cold water to make it easy to roll out.
- 2Roll out pieces of dough 1/8 inch thick, the size of a dinner plate.
- 3Thinly slice peeled potatoes and cover 1/2 of the pastry circles.
- 4Add meat and onions.
- 5Sprinkle with salt and pepper, plus any other spices you like, then fold over crust and seal edges with a fork.
- 6Pierce top with fork for venting.
- 7Bake at 350 degF until golden brown.
- 8Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Pasties
Serving Size: 1 (1670 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3000.1
- Calories from Fat 1148
- Total Fat 127.5 g
- Saturated Fat 33.9 g
- Cholesterol 194.9 mg
- Sodium 2884.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 351.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 27.0 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 110.4 g