1 hr 5 mins
awww...c'mon, live a little - the anchovies won't kill you. Promise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 4 -4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon crumbled rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste, to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs potatoes, peeled,sliced thin with a mandoline
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1Proof yeast in sugar and water for 5 minutes, until foamy.
- 2Add flour, mashed potatoes, salt and 2 tblsps olive oil and combine dough well.
- 3Knead for 2 minutes, form into a ball, transfer to an oiled bowl and turn to coat.
- 4Let rise, covered with plastic wrap in a warm place, for 1 ½ hours, or until double in size.
- 5Press dough into 15 ½ X 10 ½ inch oiled jelly-roll pan.
- 6Cover loosely, put in a warm place and let rise 1 more hour.
- 7Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 8Place rack in bottom third.
- 9Stir together garlic, rosemary, anchovy paste and remaining 4 tblsps oil.
- 10Arrange sliced potatoes on dough, overlapping.
- 11Brush with oil mixture.
- 12Sprinkle with Parmesan and salt and bake in bottom third of oven for 40-50 minutes, or until golden-brown.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato, Parmesan and Anchovy Focaccia
Serving Size: 1 (1997 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3568.2
- Calories from Fat 871
- Total Fat 96.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 33.8 mg
- Sodium 13487.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 583.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 36.5 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 87.5 g