Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
awww...c'mon, live a little - the anchovies won't kill you. Promise.
Make and share this Potato, Parmesan and Anchovy Focaccia recipe from Food.com.
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 4 -4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon crumbled rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anchovy paste, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled,sliced thin with a mandoline
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- Proof yeast in sugar and water for 5 minutes, until foamy.
- Add flour, mashed potatoes, salt and 2 tblsps olive oil and combine dough well.
- Knead for 2 minutes, form into a ball, transfer to an oiled bowl and turn to coat.
- Let rise, covered with plastic wrap in a warm place, for 1 ½ hours, or until double in size.
- Press dough into 15 ½ X 10 ½ inch oiled jelly-roll pan.
- Cover loosely, put in a warm place and let rise 1 more hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place rack in bottom third.
- Stir together garlic, rosemary, anchovy paste and remaining 4 tblsps oil.
- Arrange sliced potatoes on dough, overlapping.
- Brush with oil mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and salt and bake in bottom third of oven for 40-50 minutes, or until golden-brown.