Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These latkes have a lovely flavor, a big hit with the kids.
- 1 lb russet potato, peeled
- 1 apple, peeled and cored
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- ground black pepper
- canola oil
- powdered sugar
- Grate potatoes and apples in food processor (work quickly to avoid discoloration).
- Squeeze out liquid.
- Add egg and flour, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat enough oil to cover bottom of the pan.
- Spoon out the batter into pan, being careful not to crowd.
- Cook until crisp and brown on one side, then turn and fry on other side.
- Keep finished pancakes warm in oven all pancakes are fried.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired just before serving.
This was easy to make but the taste was bland. I would suggest adding a little sugar to the recipe next time, in addition to the powdered sugar. Otherwise, this is a recipe I will try again.
Since I am in my pre-Channukah cooking mode...I tried these yesterday and my family loved them...I didnt think that they were bland at all...I will be making these for Channukah...If not I think my family will go on strike..Thanks for another great recipe Mirj.
This was my first try at potato pancakes. Sorry, I just didn't really like these..maybe I just don't like latkes? My dad ended up eating them all (he said they were pretty good - our two reviews evened out to 3 stars) I found them to be quite bland. I guess thought the apple to be a little more prevalent. Anyway I am always ready to try new things so thanks for the recipe! I'm sure it is just me and others will love them!! :)