1/3 Photos of Potato Pancakes Polish
These can be served with sour cream or apple sauce. As a side or appetizer. My Mom made them in a blender but I think grating them is more time consuming but you'll get a better texture. I'm posting these for world tour and because my DH's requesting them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely grate potatoes and rinse with cold water 3 times till water runs clear. Add potato, onion in a large bowl with garlic. Drain and press out as much moisture as possible, using paper towels.
- 2Add egg yolk, flour, salt, peppers and parsley. Mix thoroughly.
- 3Fold in egg white.
- 4In a heavy skillet, pour in 1/4-inch of the oil and heat over high heat. For each pancake, drop in a heaping tablespoon of the mixture and press down with spatula. Brown until crisp on both sides.
- 5Enjoyed season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Pancakes Polish
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.0
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 34.9 mg
- Sodium 310.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 4.2 g