Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Potato Pancakes German Style recipe from Food.com.
- Grate raw potatoes into water to which lemon juice has been added.
- Place potatoes in a strainer or cheese cloth and drain off liquid. Drain well.
- Beat raw and cooked potatoes with egg, milk, and salt to form a batter.
- Using 3 T oil for each batch, drop batter for 3 or 4 pancakes at a time in hot oil in a large frypan.
- When firm on the bottom side, loosen edges and turn. Brown on other side.
- Remove, drain on paper towel, and keep warm. Continue until all batter is used.
- Serve immediately.
- NOTE: If potato cakes are served with meat, sprinkle with salt. Sprinkle with sugar if served with applesauce.