Recipe by koala03
I got this recipe from someone at work. Always gets good reviews. Hope you like it. :-)
Top Review by Linky
Oh boy, these were some yummy potato pancakes! I cut the recipe in half and am ashamed to say that my dh and I had no trouble polishing them off! (Even though we ate them with low-fat chicken-jalapeno sausages!) Make for Spring 2011 PAC
- 3 potatoes (2lbs)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour (I use all-purpose)
- 1 dash salt (I don't use much cause we add own own)
- 1 dash pepper
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and peel potatoes.
- Grate the coarsely into a a large bowl of ice.
- Let them stand for 15 minutes as you grate onion to measure 1/4 cup.
- In medium size bowl beat eggs.
- Add onions, flour, salt and pepper.
- Drain potatoes and pat dry on dish towel.
- Add about 4 cups potatoes to egg mixture and mix well.
- Heat 1/8 inch deep of oil until very hot but not smoking.
- Drop 1/4 cup potatoes into oil.
- Do not smush them together.
- Flatten with spatula to make them approx 4 inches in diameter.
- Fry on each side for about 2 minutes (that's what my friends says--I say a bit longer) until brown and crispy.
- Hope you like it.