Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from someone at work. Always gets good reviews. Hope you like it. :-)
Make and share this Potato Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- Wash and peel potatoes.
- Grate the coarsely into a a large bowl of ice.
- Let them stand for 15 minutes as you grate onion to measure 1/4 cup.
- In medium size bowl beat eggs.
- Add onions, flour, salt and pepper.
- Drain potatoes and pat dry on dish towel.
- Add about 4 cups potatoes to egg mixture and mix well.
- Heat 1/8 inch deep of oil until very hot but not smoking.
- Drop 1/4 cup potatoes into oil.
- Do not smush them together.
- Flatten with spatula to make them approx 4 inches in diameter.
- Fry on each side for about 2 minutes (that's what my friends says--I say a bit longer) until brown and crispy.
- Hope you like it.
Oh boy, these were some yummy potato pancakes! I cut the recipe in half and am ashamed to say that my dh and I had no trouble polishing them off! (Even though we ate them with low-fat chicken-jalapeno sausages!) Make for Spring 2011 PAC
I decreased this recipes size and made it for my breakfast today. I've often made 'flattened' hashbrowns, sometimes adding a bit of onion, but I've never used the egg and flour before. I'm not sure I will ever go back! This was so good. The flavors came together really well, and the texture was great. Creamy like on the inside, and crispy and yummy on the outside. Thanks for the new cooking experience, and I know I'll be using this recipe a lot!
I usually make mine no eggs or flour.But these were good. Would make them again.