Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
In my family we like to eat these with thick cut Canadian bacon and applesauce.
Make and share this Potato Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- Wrap the grated potatoes in a tea towel and squeeze out as much excess moisture as possible by wringing the towel over a bowl (wait a few minutes for the starch to settle in the bowl and then pour off the water, leaving the starch behind).
- Blend the grated potato with the mashed potato, add the starch left behind in the bowl.
- Add the salt, soda and flour to the potatoes and mix well.
- Add the melted butter or bacon fat and as much milk as is necessary to make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Season with pepper.
- Lightly butter (or use bacon fat) a griddle or heavy pan and heat over moderate heat.
- Drop potato batter in tablespoonfuls into pan and cook until crispy and golden on both sides.