Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Crispy Potato Pancakes with a slight hint of onion. Great for lunches
Make and share this Potato Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- Grate Potatoes and onion together.
- Add flour and egg.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well.
- In fry pan add enough oil to coat pan.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of mixture in pan and spread out.
- Cook until crisp and then turn over.
- Place on paper towel to remove grease.
I was going to post my recipe for potato pancakes and here it is. Although I use a little more oil and about 1/4 cup of the batter. this is the recipe I have been using for too many years to count. Serve your potato pancakes with toppings of sour cream, applesauce, or jam (i prefer grape). Enjoy, these are terrific.
I had to use more oil, even using my (you-beaut-nothing-ever-sticks-to-it well loved and seasoned) non stick pan. I would love to see this recipe with a bit more zing to it. Next time I'll add a good healping of garlic. All in all a fine recipe.