Recipe by Charlotte J
This recipe is from Mrs. Rudolph Hellwege and Mrs. Otto Hemmann, from the cookbook "Heritage of Cooking" A Collection of Recipes from East Perry County, Missouri. To find out more about this cookbook read the description from the first recipe I posted from it Bier Suppe (Beer Soup)
Top Review by Barb G.
These Potato Pancakes are great. My Husband would eat them everyday. I have been making them like this for years, 55 years as that is how long we have been married. Sometimes I don't add the onions, they are great without them. We like them with just butter on them or with applesauce.
- 2 -3 cups raw potatoes (finely grated)
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 -2 tablespoon onion (grated)
- Mix all ingredients and drop by tablespoonsful onto well greased griddle or skillet.
- Bake about 3 minutes on each side, or until brown.
- Make them thin.
- We like to serve them with fried spring chicken or young squirrels.