Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe about 15 years ago from COUNTRY magazine. It makes the BEST Potato Pancakes you will ever eat & it is SOOOOOO simple to make!!!
- 3 cups potatoes, peeled, finely shredded & well drained
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- In a mixing bowl, gently combine the potatoes & eggs.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the onion & stir into potato/egg mixture.
- Drop by Tablespoonfuls onto a preheated, greased flat-top griddle or skillet.
- Brown lightly on both sides.
- Serve with Applesause or Pure Maple Syrup. (I prefer just butter & a little salt).
These were really good. Mine came out nice and crispy and flavorful. I added more onions because I love onions in my hash browns. I think next time I make these, I will fry some bacon to put in the potatoes. I had this with your Recipe #268600. They were really good together!! Thank you for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Fall '08