Recipe by Lainey6605
From the Essence of Emeril.
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
I followed this recipe exactly and the resulting pancakes were wonderful. The directions were easy to follow and precise. Before serving I did blot the pancakes of paper towelling to absorb some of the cooking oil. Made for Zaar Stars Tag.
- 1 large baking potato, like russets, about (8 ounces)
- 1⁄2 medium onion (about 4 ounces)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- oil, for pan frying
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a food processor or a box grater, grate the potato and onion on the large hole into a bowl.
- Using your hands, squeeze out the excess liquid and place the dry potato onion mixture in a bowl.
- Add the egg, parsley, flour, breadcrumbs, thyme, lemon juice and seasonings. Mix well.
- Heat 1/2 cup of oil in a heavy skillet.
- Add 1/2 cup mounds of potato mixture to the hot oil, and flatten down to a 3/4-inch thick pancake.
- Turn heat to medium.
- Cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until crispy and golden.
- Serve with the applesauce.