Recipe by Lester G.
My mother used to make these for Sunday morning breakfast. They are most likely of German decent. They are good with the typical applesauce but even better with syrup and a side of sausage. I usuallly make these thinner than the average potato pancake.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups potatoes, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat griddle to 350 degrees. I use an electric griddle but a fry pan will work.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt mixing well.
- Add the remaining ingredints and mix well.
- Use about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
- Bake until the edges start to dry then turn. Turn only once.
- I brush each pancake with butter at this point.
- Pile on plate and serve your favorite way.