Recipe by Wendy-Bob
From Falling Cloudberries by Tessa Kiros. They don't look especially quick and easy to make but I think would be lovely served when you know you've got company coming for dinner. Not yet tried (so times are estimated) but look yummy!
Top Review by graniteangel
These were pretty good. I served these with fresh grated parmesan cheese and creme fresh. Were a good side to the poached Salmon I made this evening. Next time I think I'll add some kosher salt and pepper to them, to give them better seasoning. But besides being a little too bland for my personal taste, they have great potential concept wise to add your favorite herbs and seasonings to.
- 500 g potatoes (peeled and halved)
- 125 ml single cream
- 50 g plain flour
- grated nutmeg
- 3 eggs (separated)
- butter (for frying)
- olive oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the potatoes for approximately 15 mins until soft.
- Mash / pass them through a food mill and stir in the cream.
- Add the flour, nutmeg and some pepper. Mix well and leave to cool a little.
- Lightly whisk the egg yolks and whisk into the cooled potatoes. Whip up the egg whites to soft peaks and fold into the potato batter.
- Add some salt if necessary.
- Melt a little butter and oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Once hot, drop in spoonfulls of the batter and cook for 1-2 mins each side until golden.