Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
A delicious classic without all the fat. For Diabetes just kicked up a touch.
- 2 idaho potatoes, peeled
- 1 zucchini, unpeeled
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup matzo meal
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Grate the potato and zucchini. Drain any accumulated liquid, or the potatoes will turn green.
- Grate the onion.
- Combine the potatoes, zucchini, onion, garlic and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the egg and bread crumbs or matzo meal. Mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat the oil in the skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1/4 cup portions of the potato mixture. Flatten lightly going for a more rustic shape. Don’t overcrowd pan.
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes on one side, turn, and cook on the other side for 1 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer cooked cakes to the oven to keep warm.
- Repeat until all the mixture is used.
mmmmm good we really loved these potato pancakes, just excellant! I made them just as written and we ate them with a chilli sauce, the best I've ever made. Served as a side with halibut steaks, we loved the crispy outside and the nice soft interior. Thanks Rita, will be making these again.