Recipe by TXOLDHAM
This one came from Garden Grove B&B. I found it on the internet. I have made but wanted to save. It uses frozen shredded potatoes and Egg Beaters so should be fairly healthy.
Top Review by kaec
All these years I thought I was potato pancake impaired come to find out I just wasn't using the right recipes! These were the first to turn out perfect for me and we LOVED them! I used olive oil instead of the corn oil and I also added shredded cheese. YUMMY, will make often. Thanks!
- 1 (26 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed overnight
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 16 ounces Egg Beaters egg substitute (small carton)
- 4 tablespoons corn oil
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spoon mixture onto hot griddle and spread into 1/2 inch pancakes.
- Cook about 8 minutes each side or until pancakes are browned and crispy.
- Pancakes can be lightly cooked and held in a warm oven, then returned to the hot griddle and finished later.
- Serve with apple sauce and non-fat sour cream on the side.