Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
norweigen in origin these are great served up with a heaping dallop of sour cream. Mom used to make these from left over mashed potatoes when we were kids
- 16-18 baking potatoes, scrubbed, peeled and cubed
- 118.29 ml heavy whipping cream
- 118.29 ml butter
- 14.79 ml salt
- 118.29 ml diced onion
- 946.36 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml parsley
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- scrub, peel and cube potatoes.
- in a big heavy pot boil until they are soft. drain liquid and mash.
- add whipping cream, butter, parsley, salt, onion and flour and form into one inch thick patties.
- fry in vegetable oil until golden brown and crisp on all sides.
- sprinkle with salt and drain oil off on a paper towel and cool for 5 minutes before serving with sour cream.
My wife loves onions and potatoes, and these were perfect. Thanks for a great recipe!