- 4 cups shredded peeled potatoes (about 4 large)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse potatos in cold water (drain well).
- Add egg, flour, onion, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- In a skillet, heat 1/4 inch of oil over medium heat.
- Drop batter by 1/3 cupfuls into hot oil. Flatten to form a pancake. Fry until golden brown; turn and brown other side.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.