Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I think this recipe came from a German Heritage cookbook, from Fredericksburg,Texas. Grating the potatoes takes the longest time as I like them grated by hand. Try these, they are yummy!
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 small sweet onion
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, to fry in
- Grate the potatoes, put in a large bowl of ice water.
- In another bowl add eggs, finely-chopped onion, flour and salt.
- Pour the water off the potatoes and place on paper towels, squeezing excess water out.
- Add potatoes to the egg mixture.
- Heat the butter, and use a 1/4 cup of potato batter for each pancake, brown good on both sides. This takes some patience.
Sharon, I am so glad I tried these. They were wonderful and reminded me of the ones my mom would make when I was a kid. They were easy to prepare, the directions were perfect and the taste is just what I wanted. We were eating them up while I was cooking the next batch. Thanks so much for a great recipe and thanks for letting the girls from the Stella Maris "use" you for our treasure hunt!!!!
Delicious and easy to make. I used seasoned salts and added fresh ground black pepper. These are just like my mom used to make. I will definitely be making these again. Thanks!
I'm so glad I picked this for the cameraless chef game! I had a delicious breakfast. This was easy to make. I halved the recipe for my DH and I. Thanks Sharon!