Recipe by SLplanning
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: Makes 3-4 stacks. Easy breakfast in bed treat. I love the versatility of the recipe. If you like things on the spicy side you can use spicy taco seasoning and/or spicy breakfast sausage links. You can also use your favorite omelet recipe for the stack. Using an egg ring mold makes for a cleaner presentation. If you don't have a mold you can always use an aluminium can. Just remove the top and bottom from a canned good, clean and spray the inside with non-stick spray before each use. Also, I like to use a #2 ice cream scoop to help form the pancakes.
Potato Pancake mix
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 6 turkey sausage links or 6 breakfast sausage links
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ounce mild taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- cooking spray
- 1 bunch green onion
- 3 ounces julienne sun-dried tomatoes
- 6 -8 eggs
- fresh cilantro
- Mexican blend cheese
- green onion
- sun-dried tomato
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat griddle to 300 degrees. In a medium mixing bowl squeeze the sausage out of the casing (discard casing when your done) and combine remaining ingredients. Mix well if mixture is too loose you can add more flour. Spray griddle with non-stick cooking spray and begin forming pancakes. To form pancakes, use the #2 scoop to scoop mixture into your hand and pat flat then place on griddle. Cook for 5-8 minutes on each side. Pat the pancakes down with a spatula when you flip them to help flatten them out. Place pancakes to the side when done.
- In a small mixing bowling combine 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon chopped green onion, 1/2 teaspoon chopped cilantro, salt & pepper to taste, and 1/4 oz of sun dried tomatoes. Mix well and place on griddle in egg mold. Once the egg is set remove mold and flip. Repeat this step for the remaining eggs.
- To assemble stack you will need three pancakes. Place one pancake on plate and top with egg and cheese. Place another pancake on top to create the second layer and top with egg and cheese. Place the finale pancake on top for the third layer and garnish with sour cream, chopped green onions, and sun dried tomatoes. Repeat this step to assemble remaining stackers.