Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: We love it because it can be a dinner or a snack depending on how large you make the pancakes. I served them as appetizers the first time I made them. I like to chop all my ingredients before starting so I don't worry about burning anything while I'm going along.
potato pancake mix
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced thin
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (1 ounce) packethot and spicy taco seasoning (or regular depending on your taste)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- Pour a little olive oil in med size pan add red bell pepper and cook until tender. Add ground beef and let cook until all brown add taco seasoning(hot and spicy) and black beans.Reduce heat for 10 minutes. While that is finishing start potato pancakes.
- In a large bowl mix potatoes, sliced onions, eggs, bread crumbs, taco seasoning, and cumin until blended well. Scoop mixture and form into pancakes (small for appetizer, or larger for dinner).
- In a frying pan with 1 inch of veg. oil heat oil when ready add potato pancakes slowly turn when brown remove when cooked. (cooks in about 2 minutes).
- Place on a plate with a paper towel blot with paper towel and top with beef mixture, sour cream and cheese. Enjoy!