1/1 Photo of Potato Pancake Appetizers
These tasty morsels make a deliciously different appetizer, but can also be made into large pancakes for a side dish. Add various topping to taste: real bacon bits, parmesan cheese, jalapenos, salsa, or you name it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb potato (3 medium)
- 1/4 cup egg substitute or 1 whole egg
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1In bowl, mix egg, flour, salt and pepper.
- 2Grate carrots and add to bowl.
- 3Shred or grate raw potatoes.
- 4Wrap in several layers of paper towels to remove all excess moisture.
- 5Add to bowl.
- 6Stir to mix all ingredients.
- 7Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 8Spray two baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- 9Drop heaping tablespoon of potato mixture onto baking sheet, about 2-inches apart, and flatten with spatula to make pancakes.
- 10Bake 10-15 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned.
- 11Turn pancakes and bake an additional 8-10 minutes or until golden brown on bottom and potatoes are done.
- 12TO SERVE: Place pancakes on platter and top each with sour cream and sprinkle with chives and onions.
- 13Serve hot.
- 14QUICKER METHOD: These pancakes can be cooked on top of the stove just like regular pancakes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Pancake Appetizers
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.8
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 108.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 1.0 g