Recipe by BeachGirl
These tasty morsels make a deliciously different appetizer, but can also be made into large pancakes for a side dish. Add various topping to taste: real bacon bits, parmesan cheese, jalapenos, salsa, or you name it!
Top Review by LAURIE
Excellent! Beachgirl, only thing I changed was to use refrigerated purchased hash browns and they worked great! I loved the no hassle cooking by throwing them in the over and not having to stand over the stove, by doing that they became much lower in fat too! Great recipe to be made lots here!!! TY
- 1 lb potato (3 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute or 1 whole egg
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, mix egg, flour, salt and pepper.
- Grate carrots and add to bowl.
- Shred or grate raw potatoes.
- Wrap in several layers of paper towels to remove all excess moisture.
- Add to bowl.
- Stir to mix all ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray two baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drop heaping tablespoon of potato mixture onto baking sheet, about 2-inches apart, and flatten with spatula to make pancakes.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned.
- Turn pancakes and bake an additional 8-10 minutes or until golden brown on bottom and potatoes are done.
- TO SERVE: Place pancakes on platter and top each with sour cream and sprinkle with chives and onions.
- Serve hot.
- QUICKER METHOD: These pancakes can be cooked on top of the stove just like regular pancakes.