Recipe by Kevin Young
A recipe from my sister and her husband. Extremely simple but good. Not just for breakfast either, good as a side dish for dinner.
Top Review by Fair weather cook
Delicious, these are the best potato pancakes I have ever had. They taste just like the potato pancakes my german mother-in-law makes! Very simple but they do take a while to cook!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs grated potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium mixing bowl, add all ingredients except oil, and mix together.
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a large frying pan.
- Drop about 1/2 cup (or desired size) of potato mix into pan, and flatten with a spatula.
- Allow to cook about 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- **Add more flour for thicker batter, or add milk as desired for thinner batter.