Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A recipe from my sister and her husband. Extremely simple but good. Not just for breakfast either, good as a side dish for dinner.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs grated potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons oil
- In a medium mixing bowl, add all ingredients except oil, and mix together.
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a large frying pan.
- Drop about 1/2 cup (or desired size) of potato mix into pan, and flatten with a spatula.
- Allow to cook about 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- **Add more flour for thicker batter, or add milk as desired for thinner batter.
Delicious, these are the best potato pancakes I have ever had. They taste just like the potato pancakes my german mother-in-law makes! Very simple but they do take a while to cook!
I used some left over mashed potatos, added fresh garlic and scallions in place of the salts. Yummy. I'll be having this again soon!
This recipe was very good and very easy. To make things easier, I boiled the potatoes first and then mashed them up. I also increased the amount of garlic, onion and pepper to make things a little more savoury. All in all, these were great!!!!