When these crunchy Russian potato dumplings are split open a tasty cheese and chive filling is revealed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coarsely grate the raw potatoes and squeeze out as much water as possible. Put them in a bowl with the mashed potatoes, salt and pepper. Mix together.
- 2In another bowl, mix the cottage cheese and chives together.
- 3Using a spoon and your fingers scoop up a portion of the potato mixture, slightly smaller then an egg and flatten into a circle.
- 4Put 1 teaspoon of the cheese filling in the middle; fold over the edges and pinch to seal.
- 5Repeat with remaining potato and cheese mixtures; makes about 12 dumplings.
- 6Heat the oil to 340 degrees Fahrenheit in a deep fat fryer.
- 7Fry for 10 minutes or until deep brown and crisp.
- 8Drain and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Mashed Potatoes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mashed Potatoes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Pampushki
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.4
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 819.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 9.0 g