Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
When these crunchy Russian potato dumplings are split open a tasty cheese and chive filling is revealed.
- Coarsely grate the raw potatoes and squeeze out as much water as possible. Put them in a bowl with the mashed potatoes, salt and pepper. Mix together.
- In another bowl, mix the cottage cheese and chives together.
- Using a spoon and your fingers scoop up a portion of the potato mixture, slightly smaller then an egg and flatten into a circle.
- Put 1 teaspoon of the cheese filling in the middle; fold over the edges and pinch to seal.
- Repeat with remaining potato and cheese mixtures; makes about 12 dumplings.
- Heat the oil to 340 degrees Fahrenheit in a deep fat fryer.
- Fry for 10 minutes or until deep brown and crisp.
- Drain and serve hot.