Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Can be made ahead and reheated in a flash!. Nice lunch or side dish.
- 4 ounces instant mashed potatoes with four cheeses, prepared as directed
- butter (for potatoes)
- milk (for potatoes)
- 16 ounces biscuits, grands homestyle
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- Heat oven to 350. Cool mashed Potatoes to room temperature.
- On floured work surface, roll a biscuit out to a 6 inch circle. Place 2 heaping tablespoons of potatoes in center of bicuit. Draw up dough and pinch edges together using a fork, to cover filling. Repeat to form 8 pagachi.
- Place pagachi on lightly greased baking sheet. Prick each with a fork a few times and brush lightly with egg whites.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place butter in a small skillet over medium heat and lightly brown.
- Remove pagachi from oven and brush with the browned butter. Serve warm.
Oh my goodness. My huband's eyes got so big when I set these in front of him. I served these with pseudo cabbage rolls that I revamped from my Russian cookbook. On the part of the pagachi themselves, I used my own homemade potatoes, then forgot to brush the bread with the egg white before baking, but it didn't seem to alter them at all. I think I may have tried to put to much potatp filling in each biscuit, because they were awfully flat and spread a lot while cooking. If you want the biscuit part to be more obvious, try putting a minimum amount of potatoes. Otherwise, gung ho and full steam ahead with some heart-clogging food! ;)