Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My dad made these when I was a kid; I watched, copied and modified his creation to make this scrumptious side dish for grill out nights.
- 1 medium potato, cut in thick french fry style pieces (I prefer Yukon Gold)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- lemon pepper seasoning
- aluminum foil
- Put out a piece of aluminum foil large enough to envelope an entire pack (about the size of a dinner plate).
- Spread 1/8 cup better on the foil. Sprinkle half the crushed garlic on the butter. Season with salt, pepper and lemon pepper. I use salt sparingly and pepper and lemon pepper generously.
- Spread half of the onions, half of the mushrooms, half of the green pepper, and half of the jalapeno on top of the seasoned butter.
- Cover with the potato.
- Cover with the remainder of the onion, mushrooms, green pepper and jalapeno.
- Put the rest of the garlic on top. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon pepper. Spread the rest of the butter (1/8 cup) on the very top.
- Roll up the aluminum foil to cover all the ingredients. Use a second piece of aluminum foil to secure.
- Put on the grill for around 20 minutes or until done, flipping at least once.
- Open the aluminum foil up and enjoy!
Awesome recipe. The jalapeno added some good kick and lemon pepper gave it a really good flavour. It's not too often I don't adjust recipes to my liking but this one was done as written and we loved it.
This is a very good recipe and the lemon seasoning is a nice offset to the salt, pepper, garlic, etc. Blends nicely. One issue I did have was with the cooking time. I cooked this on the grill for 25 minutes and that still wasn't enough. Next time, I will cook this on the grill for 30 minutes, and the potatoes should turn out great. Wonderful recipe for grill steaming mushrooms, peppers and onions, though. Thanks for posting!
I also added red peppers and tomatoes to mine! Awesome recipe! Loved it!