Recipe by happynana
This is a recipe that I have had for years. I originally got it off of a Lipton Soup Mix box and changed a bit. I like red potatoes the best but any can be used. I also add chopped carrots if I have them on hand. Originally designed for grill, I have cooked them in the oven in packets on a cookie sheet.
- 4 potatoes
- 1 (1 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear off 4 large squares of aluminum foil and spray with Pam.
- Scrub potatoes.
- Slice with skins on (like you would to fix fried potatoes).
- Divide potatoes among foil squares.
- Shake soup mix package before opening to mix it up well. Divide among 4 foil squares. You may or may not use whole package, depend on personal preference.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cheese on each square of foil.
- Put 1 tablespoon of butter on top of each foil square.
- Fold sides to completely cover potatoes and form a square packet.
- Put on grill, my DH, puts them on the shelf of our grill and cooks for 45 minutes.