Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe that I have had for years. I originally got it off of a Lipton Soup Mix box and changed a bit. I like red potatoes the best but any can be used. I also add chopped carrots if I have them on hand. Originally designed for grill, I have cooked them in the oven in packets on a cookie sheet.
- 4 potatoes
- 1 (1 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- Tear off 4 large squares of aluminum foil and spray with Pam.
- Scrub potatoes.
- Slice with skins on (like you would to fix fried potatoes).
- Divide potatoes among foil squares.
- Shake soup mix package before opening to mix it up well. Divide among 4 foil squares. You may or may not use whole package, depend on personal preference.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cheese on each square of foil.
- Put 1 tablespoon of butter on top of each foil square.
- Fold sides to completely cover potatoes and form a square packet.
- Put on grill, my DH, puts them on the shelf of our grill and cooks for 45 minutes.
So easy & very flavorful. Fixed for SIL & DD & it was a huge hit- loved by all. The biggest problem was that I needed to double each packet because they were begging for more.
What can we say but we loved this recipe! I made out up in no time at all. I love it when you can sit back and just watch it cook. Will be making again.
These are simple and yet delicious potatoes. The blend of flavors were just right, they cook pretty well directly on the grill and they came out tender. I flipped them and grilled for a few mins just to make sure both sides were cooked but won't let them stay directly on the grill that long.. probably just 15-20 mins overall as 1 bottom of a potato slice got scorched on my 1st 2 packets even if the foil doesn't look like it so better check.. :D Thanks, happynana! Reviewed for Recipe Swap #16.