Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great on a cool, Fall day. We love it garnished with plenty of cheese!
Make and share this Potato Onion Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Combine potatoes, onion, salt and pepper and enough water to cover in large saucepan.
- Bring to boil and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain partially.
- Stir in milk, butter and instant potatoes. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add pimento and mix well.
- Serve garnished with bacon, green onions and cheddar cheese.
We loved this soup! It is like eating a loaded baked potato, but better. I made this even quicker and easier by using frozen, chopped onions and 1.5 -- 24 ounce bags of French Onion Oven Roasted Potatoes. Both of these items are carried in the frozen section of my local grocery store. This was a wonderful dinner and one of the best soups I have made. Thanks, CookinMamaof2!