Don't be put off by the idea of potatos on a pizza. Potato pizza is a very common dish in Milan, Italy (Pizza di Patate). You could also crumble some crisp bacon (or pancetta) over top of the onions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pizza dough, for one pizza
- 4 medium yukon gold potatoes (or red skinned potatoes)
- 1/2 cup grated gruyere or 1/2 cup asiago cheese or 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced thin
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1Make the pizza dough.
- 2Preheat the oven to 450°F If using a baking stone or tiles, put them in the oven now.
- 3Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water until just before they are done, about 20 minutes.
- 4Drain, peel, let cool.
- 5Slice thinly.
- 6Saute the onion and garlic over medium heat in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil with a pinch of salt until soft.
- 7Shape the pizza dough.
- 8Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over the crust.
- 9Lay the potato slices over top to cover the crust, then top with the cheese.
- 10Arrange the onion/garlic mixture over top, and sprinkle with the rosemary.
- 11Drizzle with 2 tablespoon more of the olive oil, and salt and black pepper to taste.
- 12Bake for 10 minutes, the reduce the temperature to 400°F and bake until the crust is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- 13Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over top and serve immediatly.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato, Onion & Rosemary Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.5
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 52.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: