Recipe by MsPia
From a Pillsbury booklet. Dangerously addictive. I always cut the recipe in 1/2 and I used the bread maker instead of doing it by hand.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Very good rolls. Made for dinner last night, and we were pleased by the results. Rolls cameout nice and fluffy. Made recipe as written, though I did cut the recipe in half. Made for PRMR tag.
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup instant mashed potatoes
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In a large bowl combine 1 1/2 cup flour, potato flakes, sugar, salt and yeast; mix well.
- In a medium saucepan heat milk, butter and onions until very warm (120 to 130 F).
- Add warm liquid and eggs to flour mixture.
- Blend at slow speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed.
- By hand, stir in 2 to 2 1/2 cups flour until dough pulls cleanly away from sides of bowl.
- On floured surface, knead in 1 cup flour until dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased bowl; cover loosely with plastic wrap and cloth towel.
- Let rise in a warm place (80 to 85 F) until light and doubled on size, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Grease 13x9-inch pan or two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Punch down dough several times to remove all air bubbles.
- Divide dough into 24 equal pieces; shape into balls.
- Place in greased pan. Cover, let rise in warm place until light and doubled in size, 15 to 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375°F Uncover dough. Bake at 375 for 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan; cool on wire rack.