1/1 Photo of Potato-Onion Gratin
1 hr 20 mins
Galley Wench's Note:
Recipe courtesy of Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for brushing
- 4 cups thinly sliced onions
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled, sliced into 1/8 inch thick rounds
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onions and garlic; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Saute until onions are golden, about 8 minutes.
- 4Add thyme and rosemary, saute 2 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 6Brush 11x7/2 inch glass baking dish with oil.
- 7Arrange 1/3 of potatoes in dish.
- 8Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- 9Top potatoes with half of onion mixture.
- 10Repeat potatoe and onion mixture layer.
- 11Top (final layer) with potatoes.
- 12Pour broth over.
- 13Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil.
- 14Cover dish with foil.
- 15Bake potatoes 30 minutes.
- 16Uncover and continue to bake until potatoes are tender and golden, about 25 minutes longer.
- 17Let stand 10 minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato-Onion Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.0
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 459.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g