Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Savory, free form pie--delicious with your favorite roast.
- 1 (7 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In large saute pan, heat butter and oil together and saute onion until tender.
- Add the potatoes and cook 10 minutes until transparent and the onions are browned.
- Place pie crust on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Spread filling over crust, leaving a 3/4 inch border.
- Fold border over filling and brush border with half-and-half.
- Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes.
- Mix remaining half-and-half with the salt and pepper and pour over filling.
- Bake 10 more minutes, or until pastry & filling is set and golden.
- To serve, cut into wedges.