Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
For Mom and Dad.
Make and share this Potato, Onion, Egg Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons light margarine, divided
- 1⁄2 white onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup egg white substitute
- 6 ounces cooked chicken, diced
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spread 1 TBS margarine in a casserole dish. (You can always use less, that's just an estimate).
- Melt 1 TBS margarine in a skillet and sauté the onions and green bell pepper until desired tenderness.
- Combine eggs, chicken, cheese, potatoes and seasonings in another bowl.
- Transfer to greased casserole dish, top with sautéed onions, green peppers, 1/2 cup cheese and parsley. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- :D Enjoy!
It was very good :) For the chicken I sauteed it in a about 1/4 cup sweet wine, 1/8 cup of veg oil, tablespoon of worcestershire sauce, teaspoon and a half of rosemary, salt/ pepper, and ~ 1/4 cup of minced garlic and poured that in the mix too. Also I used 3 eggs and a little bit of egg white. I out in a bit more potatoes and carrots to add some bulk to it. It came out great though!!! I think next time ill do more onion and bell pepper, plus add some mushrooms to it and maybe bread crumbs? Its a good meal on a tight budget :) I can't wait to make it again! ( Also the roommates loved it too)
This tasted fantastic! In my opinion this recipe needed more onions and green peppers. So next time I am going to add lots more! This also didn't make very much, I thought it would make more but it didn't. I was feeding a family of 3 and it was hardly enough food. So next time I am going to double the recipe. I also made it with corn bread to add a little more food. Overall it is worth making again.