Recipe by June Langton
Goes great with griiled meat or chicken
Top Review by mickie49
Just finished supper dishes and the dish these were in was pretty empty. I did not add the water because the tomatoes I used were very juicy, in fact, next time I will use italian plum tomatoes and seed them. I also finely diced some fresh garlic and sprinkled them over the layers along with julienned fresh basil at the beginning and more fresh basil at the last turn. This is a definite keeper according to DH. Thanx alot June!
- 2 3⁄4 lbs potatoes
- 2 3⁄4 cups onions, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 lb ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- freshly chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and wash potatoes,slice into thin slices.
- put potatoes in bowl together with onions, tomatoes, cheese, oregano and salt and pepper,toss together with the water.
- Coat a shallow baking dish with olive oil, place the contents of bowl onto baking dish and pour a liitle more olive oil over them.
- Bake 1 hour uncovered, turning every 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped basil in last ten mins of cooking.