Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From mealsforyou.com. Sounds interesting and I thought I might post.Update: 10/22/2008 made this and increased the amount of anchovies and added black olives, sliced & 1 more onion.
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 cups cream
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 5 canned anchovy fillets, drained, chopped
- 1 ounce grated parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons slivered toasted almonds
- fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a heavy nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Drain, reserve cream, discard garlic.
- Layer potatoes, onion and anchovies in greased ovenproof dish.
- Pour over reserved cream, top with cheese, sprinkle with almonds and parsley.
- Bake uncovered 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.