1/3 Photos of Potato Omelet (Torta De Papas)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and peel (peeling is optional) potatoes; slice into 1/4" rounds.
- 2Heat oil in heavy frypan until very hot, but not smoking; fry potatoes for 5 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden-brown; remove potatoes to absorbent paper to drain.
- 3Beat eggs well with parsley; add salt and pepper to taste; add the drained potatoes.
- 4Discard all but 3 tablespoons of the oil from the frypan; reheat if necessary; slowly pour egg-potato mixture into the pan; distribute the potatoes evenly; cover frypan and cook omelet for 4 minutes on medium-low heat; turn omelet over and cook, covered, another 4 minutes; top with some grated cheese, if desired, to melt during the last couple of minutes in frypan; carefully remove omelet from pan and cut into 4 servings.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Omelet (Torta De Papas)
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 719.6
- Calories from Fat 537
- Total Fat 59.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 83.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 10.6 g