Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so easy and so good. It is rich. I have also made it with half & half instead of the heavy cream. If you like lots of sauce increase the dill and the cream.
- 16 potatoes, nuggets scrubbed but not scraped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- salt & pepper
- Steam or boil your new potatoe nuggets until cooked.
- Melt butter in a skillet, add potatoes, toss to coat.
- Mix dill into the cream.
- Pour dilled cream over the potatoes and continue cooking over medium-low heat until the cream has turned into an almost golden sauce, stir frequently (about 10 minutes).
- Season to taste.
I hope other people notice this recipe and make it. it is SO SIMPLE, but so yummy. We used a lower fat cream, but it still cooked to the golden sauce Bergy promised. Once you season it with salt and pepper (freshly ground) the sauce is amazing. Please try it. I live in Australia, so I can only guess "potato nuggets" are what we call "chats"-just tiny new potatoes-anyway, they worked perfectly.