Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Warm and delicious treat for watching the game! Warm and satisfying while packing a zippy punch! I use 1 large potato per person and adjust the other items accordingly. You can vary the heat by using different peppers as your garnish. It can become a more hearty dish by using some seasoned ground beef or chicken as well.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 (15 ounce) jar queso blanco
- 1⁄4 cup pico de gallo
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons crumbled fried bacon
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 -2 tablespoon pepperoncini pepper, slices
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lime juice
- Combine sour cream, cilantro and lime juice. Set aside.
- Place potatoes in a deep fryer or a heavy pan with 1/4" of hot oil . Fry until golden brown. Remove and drain oil.
- Pour about 1/4 c of queso blanco on a plate. Arrange potatoes on top of the queso.
- Drizzle potatoes with more queso, then top with the pico de gallo, cheddar cheese, bacon, green onions and pepperoncini.
- Serve with the sour cream on the side for dipping/smothering.
- Adjust items to your own flavor preferences.