1/9 Photos of Potato Nachos
A fun variation on nachos! I adapted this to our tastes from a recipe card found at the grocery store. I love how filling it is, so it could be used as an appetizer or as a hardy snack... even a meal with a lovely salad!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 2 -3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/2 medium tomato, diced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green chili, diced
- 2 tablespoons shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F
- 2Clean and scrub potatoes, then chop them into thick wedges.
- 3Combine potato wedges, oil (you want just enough to coat the potatoes), garlic powder, and taco seasoning in a baking dish. Stir until well combined.
- 4Spread potatoes out into a single layer and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until potatoes are golden brown with a crispy outside. Stir occasionally during the baking time.
- 5While potatoes are baking, combine the black beans, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally, cooking until the majority of the lime juice has been absorbed.
- 6Remove beans from heat and mix with the tomato, green onion, and green chilies.
- 7When potatoes are done, remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven for an additional 1-2 minutes to allow cheese to melt.
- 8Sprinkle with bean mixture and serve. We enjoy them with just the bean topping, but you could also serve with salsa, sour cream, or guacamole too!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Nachos
Serving Size: 1 (454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.5
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 8.4 mg
- Sodium 158.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 11.7 g