Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great summer/bbq salad that's really easy to make. Light mayo can be used instead of the regular type for a lighter salad, but it's still not exactly low fat! The most important ingredient is the mustard, so don't leave it out!
- 5 -7 potatoes
- 3 celery ribs (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Peel potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes and boil until tender. Cool in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Once cooled, place potatoes in large bowl. Add chopped celery, green onion and red pepper.
- Shell eggs and chop coarsely (each into about 8 sections). Add to potatoes and veggies.
- In small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, milk, mustard, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Combine mayonnaise mixture with potatoes until ingredients are well mixed.
- Note: The amount of mayo can be reduced or increased depending on preference.
Outstanding! I subbed red potatoes as well, and added walnuts and a bit of chopped apple. Very filling and VERY good. Thanks for sharing!
I used red potatoes and non-fat mayo and skim milk to cut back on some of the calories. Thanks for posting.