Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simply tasty and full of vitamins. A new clever way to serve potatoes. From Vida, a weekly German ladies magazine. I have tried this recipe twice with success and served it as a main dish on our non-meat nights.
- 500 g small potatoes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 250 g mushrooms
- 2 stalks green onions
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh thyme
- 150 g herbed sour cream
- Cut potatoes in half (or more if the potatoes are not small).
- Cut tomatoes in half and slice green onion.
- Add oil to skillet on medium heat.
- Add potatoes and fry for approx.
- 10 minutes.
- Season with salt.
- Add mushrooms whole to skillet with the potatoes and fry for approx 5 minutes.
- Generously season with salt and pepper.
- Add cherry tomatoes& green onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Ready to serve.
- For Dip: Remove thyme leave from the steam and stir in with the herbed sour cream.
- Serve some dip on top each serving.
- Guten Appetit!
Good comfort food! I made a few changes. I didn't have small potatoes, so I cut mine into slices about 1/4 inch thick. I found that it took a bit longer than the 10 minutes cooking time to get the potatoes tender enough to suit me. I covered the skillet and steamed them a bit while they were cooking, and ended up cooking the potatoes for about 20 minutes before adding the mushrooms. I also left out the cherry tomatoes, as I don't like them. I couldn't find any herbed sour cream at my local grocery, so I used regular sour cream. No fresh thyme, so I just sprinkled a goodly portion of dried thyme into the sour cream. The thyme gave this dish a very nice flavor, a little different from plain old potatoes. Good recipe, and one I'll use again. Thanks for sharing!