Recipe by kzbhansen
This is an interesting but very tasty recipe. When I use to go to my mom's house and she would invite company while I was there, this was one of the recipes she would request that I make. Enjoy!!!
Top Review by Mrs B
Although this is really a side dish, I served it as a vegetarian main dish. Just served it with a simple side salad. We loved the creamy base, and I'm sure the mushroom juices added an extra something into the cream. I did use less salt, but otherwise made as posted. I resisted the idea to add anything extra, but another time if serving as a main I'll follow bluemoon's suggetion for adding garlic and cheese. But as a side dish, I think this is a 5 star recipe just as it is.
- 3 medium potatoes or 3 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, fresh, sliced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 -3 tablespoons parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In buttered shallow baking dish, layer potatoes, onion, and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and tarragon.
- Pour whipping cream over all.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, continue baking 30 minutes longer, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley.