Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
One of my worst indulgences. Its fattening, and so good I can't help myself! This recipe can be fooled with, so add what you like and have fun. This is a recipe from my Dear Ol' Dad...
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 10 potatoes, cleaned &,sliced thinly
- 2 onions, sliced in jullienne style
- 1 green pepper, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, sliced widthwise into 1/2 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil.
- (I like those counter-top plug-in styles for this recipe).
- Put potatoes in skillet with onion, green pepper and bacon sprinkled over the top.
- Cover and let steam until potatoes are softening up, flipping the concoction occasionally.
- When potatoes are very soft, take the lid off, and let the whole thing fry until the potatoes are getting crispy.
- When the spuds have crisped to your liking, turn the skillet off and indulge your'fat tooth'!
a very handy recipe to have when unexpected visitors arrive. It can be played with by adding lots of other ingredients. Any dry white wine can be added, scrambled egg, or cornedbeef.