Recipe by Chrissyo
A yummy alternative to a bread roll. We usually have these with home made baked beans but are just as delicious served with a casserole or hearty stew. The recipe is from Muffin Magic by Diana Linfoot.
Top Review by Chrissyo
You are very welcome Roxann. We use this recipe for left over mashed potato to. They are addictive. The more I have used this recipe, the more things I add/change; like a tasty cheddar cheese. I have dotted deseeded tomato on the muffins before I put them in the oven. My dog, even gets a special potato muffin, minus the onion. You made me happy. I am glad you enjoyed them. :-)
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup yoghurt or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped spring onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped ham or 1⁄2 cup cooked bacon
- 2 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven and thoroughly grease the muffin pans.
- Blend the potato, milk, eggs and yoghurt or sour cream together.
- Stir in the chopped spring onion and ham or bacon.
- Fold the flour and salt into the wet mixture until all ingredients are just incorporated.
- Place in the prepared muffin pans and bake at 200 degrees C for 20 to 25 minutes.