Recipe by SugarGliderSuz
A simple, delicious five-ingredient casserole that your family is sure to love! I made this from the top of my head last night for dinner. I had a pound of Maple sausage thawed and wanted something different. Turned out great!
- 6 -8 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium white onions, peeled and diced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb maple sausage, browned, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (Monterey Jack, Cheddar, etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add potatoes & onion. Cover and cook until onions are caramelized, stirring frequently.
- In the meantime, brown maple sausage in a separate skillet. Once browned, drain & rinse sausage to remove excess fat.
- Combine potato mixture with sausage in 9x13 pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle cheese over top of casserole.
- Return to the oven, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve while hot.