Recipe by C. Taylor
For the potato lovers in your family. This is a pretty flexible recipe, so feel free to change it around to suit your needs. Kids gobble it up too.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs hash browns
- 1 medium vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Pillsbury ready made pie dough
- 1⁄2 cup ham, chopped (or substitute with cooked bacon or cooked chorizo)
- 6 ounces boursin cheese (or goat cheese)
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 9 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk (or cream)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a nonstick pan, heat oil and then add hash browns, garlic and onion. Season with salt, pepper and cajun seasoning. Cook till potatoes start to brown.
- Mix in ham and cook a few minutes more.
- Place pie crust in a deep pie dish. Fill with potato mixture. Top with the boursin and cheddar.
- Beat eggs, milk and salt and pepper together and slowly pour into pie dish.
- Bake for approximately 45 to 50 minutes or until center is fully cooked.