Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are very yummy !! Feel like a treat but are really good for you. Great make ahead dish too and great to have tucked in the freezer when unexpected guests arrive.
- Boil potatoes, drain and mash with potato masher.
- Add margarine, salt, thyme, pepper and yolks.
- Mix well with electric beaters to make creamy.
- Use about 2 heaping tablespoons of mixture to form into a log.
- Dip in egg white and roll in crumbs.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15- 20 minutes.
- These can be made ahead and put in the fridge.
- They can also be made ahead and frozen, just remove from the freezer and put directly into heated oven.
- DO NOT THAW!
- as this will make them soggy.
These definately need something more, more butter, some milk or sourcream before rolling them in the cornflakes. They also took alot of time to make.