This is a good vegetarian recipe given to me by Vicki. Cook and prep time does not take in the standing time in the refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup red lentil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, about
- 1 1/2 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup stale breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup packaged breadcrumbs
- oil, of your choice for shallow frying
- 6 hamburger buns
- 150 g snow pea sprouts
- 1Add lentils to pan of boiling water, boil uncovered for about 10 minutes until cooked, drain.
- 2Heat olive oil in pan and add onions garlic and nuts and stir until onions are soft and the nuts are lightly browned.
- 3Combine lentils, potato and lentil mixture.
- 4basil, mustard, cheese, egg yolk and stale breadcrumbs in bowl and mix well.
- 5Shape mixture into 6 patties, toss in packaged breadcrumbs.
- 6Put in the refrigerator for about 1 hour until they are firm.
- 7Shallow fry the patties in hot oil until browned on each side and heated through.
- 8Serve the patties on toasted buns with sprouts and chilli cream.
- 9Chilli cream: Mix ingredients well.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato & Lentil Burgers With Chilie Cream
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.7
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 51.1 mg
- Sodium 812.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
snow pea sprouts