Prep 30 mins
Cook 13 hrs
Cook time includes an overnight chill time. With Potato Lefse you may want to buy a lefse stick to help turn while baking. Look for my Milk Lefse recipe.
- 1 quart potato, boiled and riced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup Carnation instant milk
- 4 -5 cups flour
- Peel, boil then rice the potatoes.
- Scald milk then add the butter, sugar and salt.
- Add this into the HOT riced potatoes and mix well.
- Let cool overnight.
- Add enough flour to make a stiff dough.
- Pinch off walnut size portions and roll THIN.
- Bake on lefse iron or large griddle.
- Watch carefully, so not to burn them, it only takes a minute for this step.
- When you see the lefse start to bubble and turn a light brown, flip and bake the other side.
- Lay it on top of waxed paper and keep stacking them up.
- Keep a piece of waxed paper on top to keep them from drying out.
- Store in airtight container.
- Butter and sprinkles lightly with sugar, roll up and eat.
- If needed; when you're ready to eat place lefse between damp dishtowels to soften, about 15 minutes.
- Potato Lefse is harder to handle then Milk Lefse at the rolling out and baking stage.