1 hr 20 mins
Roasting makes this a delicious soup, and it's really easy to play with. I've used Russets with skin on for a very hearty robust flavour, or yellow for a more mild flavour. Once, I only had 2 leeks, and it was still great. Freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 4 leeks, white and light green parts, washed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups spinach, lightly packed
- 2/3 cup white wine (replace with chicken broth if desired)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup bacon, crumbled or bits, for garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 400 F.
- 2Combine the potatoes, leeks and olive oil into large dutch oven, and stir to evenly coat.
- 3Roast vegetables for 40 - 45 mins, stirring occaisionally, or until potatoes are tender.
- 4Add the spinach and stir to combine. Roast for 5 more minutes, until the spinach is wilted.
- 5Remove the dutch oven and place on stove over medium heat. Add the wine and 1 cup of chicken broth and stir, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- 6Add in the rest of the chiken broth.
- 7Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth. (You can do batches in a blender or food processer instead, and return to dutch oven)
- 8Stir in half-and-half and parmesan. Serve topped with shredded parmesan and crumbled bacon if desired.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Leek Soup With Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.9
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.8 mg
- Sodium 965.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 14.3 g